Social Media Marketing For the Legal Professional
MCLE and Texas State Bar College Credit 1.0 (Ethics)
"Social Media Marketing for the Legal Professional" is a course accredited by the State Bar of Texas for one hour of ethics credit. The course is presented by Miranda Sevcik. The CLE features examples of social media networking tools and techniques designed to inform attorneys about marketing opportunities and potential legal pitfalls on the Internet.
Building an Internet-Friendly Marketing Strategy (20:00)
- Branding vision, audience research and critical success factors
Social Media 2.0 Tools and Techniques (45:00)
- Examination of online social media tools, whitepapers, building an online presence
Rules of Professional Conduct and Advertising Review Board Rules (25:00)
- Texas Disciplinary Rule 7.07, Texas Disciplinary Rule 7.04, Filing requirements for public advertisements and Written Solicitations Rule 7.07
Social Media Interview Techniques for the Attorney and Client (30:00)
- ABA Model Rules of Professional Conduct, Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct, interview techniques
Controlling Media Publicity For a Client In Crisis
MCLE and Texas State Bar College Credit 3.0 (Ethics)
- Examining a client's media worthiness. How much media attention is anticipated? Analysis of the client's vulnerabilities through an audit of potential whistle-blower story sources.
Developing a Client’s Legal Communications Team (30:00)
- Assembling the media communications team. Assigning tasks to members of the team for interview requests, media analysis, research and employee communications.
Media Action Plan Development (30:00)
- Specifying the objectives of the P.R. effort with the client and legal communications team.
Pre-Trial Media Relations (15:00)
- Press release creation, press conference organization and microsite preparation.
Effective Interviews (30:00)
- Overview of State Bar of Texas and ABA Rules for trial publicity. Media training for the spokesperson.
Trial Publicity Preparation (15:00)
- Cultivating the client's, and attorney's image in the courtroom. Analyzing the "special publics" of the courtroom.
Protecting The Client From Trial Publicity (15:00)
- Techniques for avoiding press coverage without saying "no comment".
Generating Positive Publicity For a Lawyer and Firm (15:00)
- Determining a branding purpose, audience and message.